| Save Recipe
| Share This Page
| Bookmark This Page
| Amazon Shopping
Coconut Relish - Sambal Kelapa Recipe
Indonesian, Sauce, condm, recipe, recipes, Coconut Relish - Sambal Kelapa Recipe
Cabe rawit *
Piece of gula Jawa or:
Tamarind water or:
Kaffir lime, juice only or:
Lime, juice only
- * This is the minimum amount of cabe rawit; if you like your sambal really hot, put in 6 or 8 cabe rawit instead of 3.
- But remember that cabe rawit is the hottest and fiercest of all the chilli family.
- This sambal is made from fresh coconut, and should be eaten on the same day.
- Separate the white flesh of the coconut from all trace of the brown outer skin, then grate it.
- Grill or fry the terasi, and then pound it, together with the garlic, cabs rawit and gula jawa into a paste.
- Add the tamarind water, or juice, season with salt, and mix the paste thoroughly with the grated coconut.